History of District Badge
Barwon District was formed in the 1953 under the leadership of District Commissioner George Taylor.
The District has had two different designs of District Badges. The original of Barwon District was the municipal boundary of the shire of Barwon; now the district takes in the Shire of Barrabool, which extends approx. 8 Kms beyond the Cumberland River past Lorne, the Shire of Winchelsea and the City of South Barwon. In short the district comprises an Urban, Country and Coastal community.